Clear + Brilliant® laser system (1440nm and 1927nm handpieces) is indicated for dermatological procedures requiring the coagulation of soft tissue and general skin resurfacing.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- The following contraindications are routine for many laser treatments and may also be associated with non-ablative Clear + Brilliant® laser system treatments. Pre-screening should include, but not be limited to:
- Diagnosis / possibility of actinic keratosis, melasma, rosacea, or other significant skin conditions (e.g., skin cancer, active infections, cold sores, open wounds, rashes, burns, inflammation, eczema, psoriasis);
- Predisposition to keloid formation or excessive scarring;
- Diagnosis of a condition that may compromise the immune system, such as HIV, lupus, scleroderma, or systemic infections;
- Known sensitivity to light or if photosensitizing agents or medications are being taken;
- Systemic steroids (e.g., prednisone, dexamethasone), which should be rigorously avoided prior to and throughout the course of treatment;
- Use of retinoids, which should be avoided for at least 2 weeks prior to and during treatment;
- Patients undergoing isotretinoin acne treatment or with drugs in a similar class;
- Whether skin is still recovering from a cosmetic procedure, such as a chemical or mechanical peel, or laser resurfacing; and
- Whether botulinum toxin injections, or dermal fillers (such as collagen) have occurred within the past 2 weeks.